SilverMalaysia

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Back Off


Week 41.2 Back Off
Recently, I drove all the way to northern KL for delivery only to cancel the deal myself. Rugi petrol, masa. Waste time and $$ but still got to uphold my principles.
Why?
Well, when I reach the place his relatives face look familiar with someone I deal before but not him. Later on I discover that it is someone related to a person whom back off from my earlier deal before.
Here is the story goes.
Back in Sept 2011, Mr A brought some item from me a few times. Relationship was smooth and good. Then, he placed an order for X oz (reasonable big) thus I hedge additional X oz with my supplier. Within a few days, the spot price drop from USD40 to USD26, he then back off from the COD twice. He said someone died. Etc. I experience a market lost of approximately RM20/oz and hold X oz for few months not moving at all.
All these while he told me was he is jobless, buying on behalf of his father who stays in northern region. Since he back off, just don’t come back-lah.  Then I received an ebay sales from someone Mr A dad, I don’t know is Mr A dad. After sorting out the logistic, it was decided to deliver to his relative at Northern KL to inspect the goods. Upon verification, Mr A dad will bank in the $ into my account.
Having known that it is Mr A dad who back off from earlier deal, I decided to cancel the deal.
Mr A Dad said it not good for my reputation. So I decided to write this blog and let you all decidelah. Have I done the right thing?
Then he told me his son uses his $ to do business and now he is buying for himself. The fault is in his son. I also don’t know who to believe, best is earn less, not to deal with them anymore. Well, he can also buy from someone else at a slightly higher price I guess.
Nevertheless, if you are desperate for sales let me know I can pass you their contact. Thank god there is no major price correction and movement when the dispute occurred, we have considered the case is closed and let move on to other things.

3 comments:

  1. Gila buyer i think u did the right thing, not all customers are worth the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These days customers are different, they have short memory, no point to treat someone too nicely, they wont be grateful anyway. Dont treat someone too bad / rude also, they will remember you forever and talk bad about you.

    Summary, just sell at FAIR price and be FAIR to all without the emotional part into it ... once a trade is settled, then the relationship resets, no one owes anyone anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, good one. Honour is a very important thing in precious metal. I have a similar post in my website too:

    How to Invest Silver in Malaysia - Silver in Malaysia

    ReplyDelete