SilverMalaysia

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week 30.1 Seller Beware. CITYLINK LOST MY SHIPMENT.


Week 30.1 Seller Beware. CITYLINK LOST MY SHIPMENT.

Hi,

 Just recently citylink express lost my shipment of 20 oz bar. CITYLINK claim department has yet to get back to me on this. I reimbursed the customer his money and now filing my claim with CITYLINK. He is a small time player 20 oz is a big lost for him. I absorb the lostlah but future customer if you want courier, hilang you tanggung yourself. Ok.

Prior to this, I also heard some lost shipment by my customer from other supplier using Citylink, Pos Laju and SKY NET. I didn’t take their concern seriously until I kena myself. I also have customer who work with POS Malaysia, even though he stay far away, he willing to come over to KLCC just to do COD. So, I now give my reader an upfront warning that if you use courier your item can get lost. Will tell you how other customers lost their item in later article.

POS Malaysia and DHL policy: no postage of Precious Metal, nevertheless, you can check with them.

Catch 22

If you put your item on insurance, next time the courier people knew that the shipment is expensive and they will start targeting you. If you don’t insured then only minimum damages will be paid to you. So what are you going to do. As off now, I no longer used any postal. Just COD in Klang Valley only.


Scenario

Customer SMS me stating that good yet to arrive since it was holiday cannot call citylink. Managed to call citylink a few times, they said the goods already send to Kelantan. Call them a few times, sometimes no answer etc… So finally I ask them to give me Kelantan number. They gave it to me and Kelantan told me they have not received my shipment.

Then I called by Citylink a few times, until one lady get back to me. She said that she needs to check with Shah Alam warehouse.

She then called me and told me that Shah Alam has shipped the item to Kota Bharu and need confirmation from Kota Bharu. Then later, she told me that Kota Bharu did not receive the shipment. So it is a confirmed lost. I wonder who is the driver for that day.

I was later told that I need to write a letter and provide information on the customer invoice to CityLink, she will forward it to the claim department. The claim department will called me within 5 working days. I faxed it to her on the same day.

3 days later, she said she didn’t receive it and I faxed it to her again last week and she reconfirmed that she received it. Until today, the claim department has yet to call me. I don’t have their number, the person in-charge did not give it me. Hopefully, it can be peacefully settled. If not, just file a case in tribunal court lah.


>>> 

Shipment Summary
Consignment No.
:
060307080115794
Reference No.
:
Signed For
:
Shipment Date
:
02-Aug-2011
Delivery Date
:
Delivery Location
:
Details
Date
Time
Remarks
STATUS
LOCATION
02-Aug-11
18:26
Shipment Collected
SERI KEMBANGAN, MALAYSIA
02-Aug-11
19:59
Shipment Bound for KOTA BHARU, MALAYSIA
SERI KEMBANGAN, MALAYSIA
02-Aug-11
20:09
Depart to SHAH ALAM, MALAYSIA
SERI KEMBANGAN, MALAYSIA
02-Aug-11
23:53
Received by
SHAH ALAM, MALAYSIA
03-Aug-11
03:32
Depart to KOTA BHARU, MALAYSIA
SHAH ALAM, MALAYSIA
* All status dates and times reflect the time zone where the shipment status update took place.






Other courier

Thus, the only one still reliable one is UPS (so far clean record for me) but shipping wise Fedex is much faster.

Recently, it not sure who screw up my shipment of few hundred oz either my Supplier or Fedex, last week Fedex SMS me asking for custom clearance details on a given air way bill number. I given them all the details. Then, when I check the AWB number again, the item was shipped to Canada. Supplier said item already in Shah Alam Fedex office. I called Fedex up on Saturday, they told me I have no business with the AWB number and ask me to check with my supplier. You can see the screen-shot below for that tracking number. Hopefully, it is just a software glitch.




Now still waiting email reply from supplier, hopefully I will get my goods. Until things are sorted out, I need to freeze the ordering. Other courier company I don’t know. You need to check with them. At the mean time sales is good but since I unable to replace it due to many pending issues, with the rapid price movement aiyah RUGI RUGI Lah. So, stop selling for a while.
Just got my shipment on Monday 23rd August 2011. Can start reordering again but then spot too high. See how 1st.

6 comments:

  1. Yes very very dangerous, happened to me few times with the most occurrences in citylink. The safest shipment has now become unsafe, ironically.

    So unfortunate, hope everything turns out to be ok eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who knows citylink simply threw it into the mailbox and run off ... that is the worst, then someone comes a long and take it away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It not at the user end. It with the driver, driver got the item put into his lorry at Shah Alam according to the record, but Kota bharu did not receive the shipment. Now who faults, either kota bharu side or the driver side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They already mark your name ma.
    Change post office or use other ppl name
    And don't ever be friend or friendly with courier guys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes never be friendly with courier guy.

    ReplyDelete