SilverMalaysia

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Virgin Sale


Week 5.4 Virgin Sale
What, I meant is the 1st few sales.  Once you got your bullion, you decided to sell it off and make a slight profit. The main intention is always to dispose your bullion for cash.
So, you list it online anywhere, facebook, ebay, mudah and anyway you could find. You’ll check your listing and email everyday. Once the phone ring you will answer enthusiastically, COD anywhere also you will agree. Who are you anyway? No network reputation such as ebay feedback point, who want to pay you first. COD solve the problemlah.
Come to think of it, on the first few deal, I didn’t really make any money. It is more for the excitement of getting something sold. If you calculate the time, money and effort spend it may not worth the trouble.
On one occasion, I did make some profit on the sales. But after deducting the free drink I sponsored my customer in the end I just merely break-even. But we have a nice talk with that fellow. He keeps telling me he is interested but not buying because he doesn’t know how to dispose it.
On another occasion, I have to deliver the goods in mid-valley which is famous for its traffic jam and lack of strategic parking place during peak hours. So I decided to take a train there. I just finished parking my car, then suddenly I saw the KTM train arrived, I run like hell to catch the train cause I know if I miss it, it will be another ½ hour gone. Got into the train, then my whole body was sweating.  Then in mid-valley, that fellow picked only 3 oz out of 20 oz I given him to choose from. What a tough business back then. 
After a while when all the excitement settled down, you begin to set a realistic expectation on how you conduct your business. It may not sound friendly, but it‘s realistic.
No COD if order is less than RMXXX only postal services. COD only for certain area only. Sometime wait 1 hour at post office just to have the good posted.
I talked to one fellow who sells some stuff online. The customer promised to meet up with him at 6 pm. So he came early at 5:30 pm. Then the customer ring and said he will be late, the deal was finalized at 7:15 pm. He said he has to wait for 1 hour for his customer. Why do U have to do that? U should get into PM business where the customers wait for you. Hahaha!!! When I begin to dig into the real source of the problem, it seems that he has lot of surplus inventory and can’t wait to dispose his stuff at cost. Thus, next time don’t overstock your goods otherwise you will be pressured to do cheap sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment